Bachelor of Computer Applications
Bachelorin Computer Application (BCA) is one of the popular undergraduate course among the studentswho want to make their career in the Information Technology field. Withthe rapid growth of IT industry in India, the demand of computer professionalis increasing day by day. This increasing growth of IT industry has created alot of opportunities for the computer graduates.
- Candidate must have passed class 12th or senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks including English
- Mathematics in intermediate is a compulsory subject
- The minimum age limit is 17 years and the maximum age varies between 22-25 years
Admission to the course is available in different universities & colleges on the basis of either written entrance examinations or merit prepared on the basis of Class XII score
Courses & Duration
The curriculum of BCA consists of various subjects such as Programming, Networking, World-Wide-Web, Advanced C Language Programming, Database Management, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Object Oriented Programming using C++, Visual Basic, Web scripting and Development, etc.
As we mentioned above that the BCA is an undergraduate degree with 3 years as course duration. A student can pursue MCA( Master in computer application ) after BCA which is a post graduation study in computer application
There is a huge scope in the field of BCA.
- One can do job or can go for higher studies after the completion of course in software industry or any other industry where computer applications are being used
- " Starting your own enterprise or venture" option is always available to all the degree holders. You can act as a freelancing professional or consultants if you have that good skills.
- After gaining good work experience and all the necessary required skills then one can hold good positions & earn handsome packages in MNCs
- Options for further studies such as MCA and PhD. MCA can be specialized in different fields of computer application such as systems management, systems development, management information system, etc. After the completion of MCA, candidate can also get the job of lecturer in any of the reputed institutions.
Career, Jobs & Demand
The demand of IT professionals is increasing across the globe and will remain for many years!
After the completion of the course, you can even choose to work in various sectors like private, public and government. The student can avail a job in reputed IT companies like IBM, Infosys, and Google. The government organization like NIC, Indian Army, Indian Air Force and India Navy also recruit large number of computer professionals.
Scope is huge and big, it only requires you to hone your skills in the field so get started & all the best!