B.A.M.S (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery)
What is it?
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery is a graduate degree. B.A.M.S is the shortened form of Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery. The program is having a duration of 5 ½ years including a one-year internship program. The Central Council of Indian Medicine observes Indian Ayurvedic Education. CCIM is a statutory Central Government Body. The syllabus of this course is a mixture of integrated topics of modern medicine and traditional Ayurveda.
Class XII pass with Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Sanskrit from a recognized board
- The minimum age limit is 17 years.
- Some institutes provide certificate programs from 1 to 2 years. Qualification needed for such program is Matriculation with Sanskrit or an equivalent exam.
- Admissions will only be secured through clearing entrance exams
B.A.M.S Entrance exams in India
- AYUSH Entrance Exam
- Common Entrance Test or CET Karnataka
- Kerala State Entrance Exam
- National Institute of Ayurveda Entrance exam (NIA)
Opportunities are in abundance for the B.A.M.S holders. Being a B.A.M.S holder, you can find an employment opportunity in hospitals, Ayurveda clinics, and Ayurveda medicine manufacturing units etc. One can start their own Ayurveda clinics or spa centers which provides Ayurveda treatments.
One can practice by being a self employed professionals.
- Medical Officer
- Nutrition expert
- Production manager