B.Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture)
What is it?
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) is an undergraduate bachelor’s degree programme and is conventional career option. Architecture is the art of planning, designing, constructing buildings etc. Architects are the actual creators of amazing buildings and structures that exist in our surroundings.
An architect should have the basic orientation towards creativity, visualizing skills and out of the box thinking along with other capabilities.
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) is a degree programme with 5 year duration and runs on semester basis. It is a mix of both theory and a lot of practical exercises.
Eligibility & Admission
- Candidates have to complete their 10+2 Examination with Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects & secure at least 50% marks in the examination.
- Candidates have 10+3 year Diploma in any stream, they can also apply for B.Arch programme.
- Candidates can get admission in this programme through JEE Main, NATA,BITSAT, SRMEEE etc.
- Candidate should be creative and good in designing
Career & Jobs
- After completion of degree, candidate can secure job not only in private organization but also in various government organizations as well. Candidate after gaining good work experience can move to self employment as well.
- Sectors of employment can be construction, public works departments, interior designing, etc.
- Your skills will be used to develop the design and planning for various houses, colonies, apartments,bridges,hotels etc. hence can act as a consultant. You can also secure job in consultancy
- Government Organizations offering jobs to the B.Arch Candidates such as Archaeological Department, National Building Organization, Ministry of Defense, Departments of Railways, Housing and Urban Development Corporation, Public Works Department, etc.
- You can pursue Master degree or further studies in architecture field & shine your career further into industry or you can move in teaching faculty as well