B.A.S.L.P.(Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology)
What is it?
Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology is abbreviated as BASLP. This professional course is also known by the name of Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Therapy. It is a 4 years undergraduate professional course that science stream students of both the divisions can pursue after completing 12th standard
Speech Language Pathology is the science that deals with the study of speech, languages and disorders occurring in people (disorders related to speech and languages).
The course provides professional training to students and makes them capable of preventing, identifying and treating speech, hearing and balance disorders in people. Students are also trained for rehabilitation of people suffering from the above mentioned disorders..
Duration: Duration of the course is 4 years..
Students who have cleared 12th Science stream board examination from a recognized board in any either Biology & Mathematics
- Minimum aggregate marks required are 50% in 12th board examination by some of the institutes
- Seats are allotted to eligible candidates on the basis of marks scored by students in the board examination as well as entrance test (State/National/held by Institute).
CAREER PROSPECTS & JOB OPPORTUNITIES
BASLP graduates may work closely with patients suffering from hearing, balance and speech disorders. Common places to find work are- Government and Private Hospitals, NGOs and Schools for Children with hearing and speech disorder.
Common job profiles available in front of graduates’ are-
- Speech Language Therapist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Rehabilitation specialist
- Hearing aids marketer
- Hearing aids specialist
- Instructor/Teacher (at special schools)
Some well-known employers/places BASLP graduates may find job are the following:
- Government and Private Hospitals
- Rehabilitation Clinics
- Special Schools for Children suffering from hearing and speech disorders
- Hearing aids and implants manufacturing companies