B.M.S (Bachelor of Management Science)
What is it?
Bachelor of Management Studies is an undergraduate course in management which is offered in time duration of 3-years. The three year course is sub divided in to six semesters having theoretical and practical sessions. The main objective of the course is to create skilled managerial professionals in the global market.
Today’s competitive market is in great demand of professionally certified management professionals. The course imparts adequate entrepreneurship skills in the participants to carry out the administrative activities of an organization. These professionals are supposed to coordinate and manage the overall activities of a firm including HR, Finance, Operations, etc.
The course exposes students with the behavioral aspects of an organization and on the hierarchical interaction of the same. The course study allows one to obtain adequate leadership qualities in order to manage and work in a team. The same improves the presentation and the problem solving skills of the individual that helps them to get in to the role of an effective manager.
Eligibility and Admission process:
A minimum of 45% in intermediate class studies with specialization in any of the areas of Arts, Science or Commerce are eligible to undergo the course. Certain colleges/Universities carry out admission process on the basis of the marks obtained in the plus two class studies where as some others carry out entrance exams for the purpose.
Admission procedure of Bachelor of Management Studies
Admission is offered by the University or institution that conducts the course. They publish notifications for admission at the beginning of each academic year. The details of entrance exam will be included in the notification of the institutions/Universities that carry out the same. In such cases the candidate has to submit application for attending the entrance exams. If there is no entrance test the marks obtained in XII class studies is counted during the selection process.
BMS Colleges in India
- Acton Business School (A.B.S.)
- Adarsh College of Arts & Commerce
- Advent Institute of Management Studies
- Alkesh Dinesh Modi Institute for Financial & Management Studies
- AudyogikShikshanMandal Institute of Management and Computer Studies
- Azad Degree College
- B.M. Ruia Girls’ College
- Chetana’s H.S. College of Commerce and Smt. KusumtaiChaudhari College of Arts
- D.G. Ruparel College of Arts Science and Commerce
- Dnyanasadhana College
- I.C.L.E.S. MotilalJhunjhunwala College
- Institute of Management & Computer Studies
- J.S.M. College
- KapolVidyanidhi College of Management & Technology
- L.S. Raheja College of Arts and Commerce
- LalaLajpatRai College of Commerce and Economics
- After completion of BMS course one can get in to junior level managerial positions. As the courses study covers areas of Marketing, HR, Finance, etc these professionals can get employed in any of these areas