Merchant Navy Related Courses
What is it?
Merchant Navy course is a great career for the students who have the passion of travelling and exploring the different locations. Course offers very lucrative as well as glamorous prospects and offers the handsome remuneration. Merchant Navy of any country basically responsible for trade hence, is very critical to any nation. They are responsible of carrying and delivering the cargo to the countries which are the trade partners.
Let us tell you that Merchant Navy is entire different than Navy which is the part of defense system as Merchant navy is basically the part of commercial trade system of a country therefore plays very strategic role in the development of nation.
- Candidate should be XII passed with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Citizen of India
- Medical fitness as per the defined level
- Application follows by entrance exams, interview & physical fitness examination
How to Join Merchant Navy
Good news is Merchant Navy course can be studies after Class X as well & they are:
- Near Coastal Voyage
- Diploma in Nautical Science
- Commercial Diving
Once you complete you 10+2 with PCM, there are various courses which allows you to get an entry into the lucrative world of Merchant Navy
- B.Sc. Nautical Science
- B.E. Marine Engineering
- B.E. Harbour & Ocean Engineering
- B.E. Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
- B.E. Petroleum Engineering
- B.E. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering
- B.Sc. Marine Catering etc.
As we told you that, it is one of the handsomely paid career. The various roles and responsibilities are offered to candidates based on their specialization or the studies trades. Common profiles are mentioned below:
- Deck officer
- Electro-technical officer
- Crew members of different specialties such as stewards, housekeeper etc.
There are various private companies with the huge fleet travelling across the world & offers a good opportunity to candidates.
Jobs in the sector is lucrative and offers the good initial salary which can range high depending upon the calibre & capabilities of a candidate. Other than salary , various perks & facilities are being given to them like medical facility, food, exemption on income tax etc
Salary varies at different level & at an engineer/officer level, the same can start from 35,000 INR to 50,000 INR per month & can go more than 2 lacs.