B.H.M.S (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
What is it?
BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery) is an undergraduate degree programme in medical field. The degree holder is eligible to have the prefix as a doctor, the abbreviation is Dr.
Homeopathy is the system of alternative medicines.The concept of homeopathy is to increase the self-healing power of the human body.
The homeopathic medicines are given to the patient as per their physical symptoms, emotional problems and their lifestyle. And the best part of this medication system which makes it valuable among the others that there is no side effect on the body with these medicines.
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (BHMS) is an undergraduate degree course in homeopathic system. This degree is awarded after the completion of 5.5 years academic programme containing the 4 and 1/2 year academic session and one year internship programme with live practical. The undergraduate programme in homeopathic system can be pursued through the distanct learning courses as well.
Eligibility & Admission
- Student should pass 10+2 examination with 50% marks from recognized board with PCM
- The candidate should have to go through the different national and state level entrance examination
- The candidate should have minimum 17 years old
- Selection would be based on the final merit as the sum of the total numbers obtained in the qualifying examination in 12th and the number scored in the entrance examinations followed by the personal interview.
Some entrance exams are listed here:
- Punjab University Common Entrance Test
- Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test
- Telangana Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test
- Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical
Career & Jobs
- Opportunities for BHMS graduate is present in India as well as abroad.Many organization are working in the manufacturing and research field in abroad are requiring the professional in this field.
- A homeopathic practitioner may look the career as a medical representative or as a doctor in private or government hospital
- The professionals in this field can work in companies those deal with the homeopathic preparations
- One can be self employed and start working as Homeopathic practitioner
The medical field is the benchmark among the other fields in order to the salaries. Homeopathic field also owes this regard. In government sector the salary of a homeopathic doctor is Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 35,000 per month while in the private sector the salary starts from the Rs. 20,000 per month.
With some experience, one can get the handsome salary like Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 50, 000 per month. There is no limit of salary if you have become popular as a good doctor in the society.