B.Sc. Nursing (Bachelor of Science in Nursing)
What is it?
“Nursing” is directly meant of curing.
Nursing is the integral part of our medical system. Nursing is the all about the practice of taking care of the sick people, dispensing the medicine, keeping the patient records and operating the medical equipment’s.
Courses & Duration
Nursing is the right career option for those candidates who have the zeal and interest to serve the mankind.Remember, like Doctors, job of the nurse is respected but is quite challenging & they may need to work rotating shifts.
The INC (Indian Nursing Council) is the accreditation and recognition body for nursing education in India. Various domains like diploma courses, UG degree courses, PG degree courses and the Philosophy and doctoral courses are available in the field of nursing.
The courses in the field of nursing are as the following:
ANM (Auxiliary Nursing & Midwife)
- Duration of ANM diploma is 18 months
- Candidate must be 10th Class passed with minimum 45% & should have the age between 17 to 35 years.Some of the institutions which are conducting the ANM courses have been disclosed the minimum qualification as 10+2 with 45% marks in science subjects.
- Admission can be taken into ANM through an entrance test conducted by the nursing entrance board.
GNM (General Nursing & Midwife)
- Duration of GNM diploma is 3 year and 6 months
- GNMis an advanced diploma in nursing
- Candidate must be 12th class passed with 45% & should have the age between 17 to 35 years.
- Admission can be taken into GNM through an entrance test conducted by the nursing entrance board.
B. Sc – Basic (Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Basic & Post Basic) B.Sc nursing is an undergraduate degree course in nursing.
- It is bifurcated into two levels, one is basic with the duration of 4 years and another is post basic with the duration of 2 yrs .
- For admission in bachelor courses, the candidates need to have the 12th pass certificate with science subjects with minimum 45% marks. You may have to go through the entrance exam conducted by the university.
The specializations in the field of nursing are as the following:
- Leprosy Nursing
- TB Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Neurological Nursing
- Neurosurgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing
- Rehabilitation Nursing etc.
Jobs & Career
Job prospects for nurses are bright in India as well as abroad.The jobs can be easily secured in health care organizations and hospital. With the expansion of the healthcare industry, the demand for nurses is growing on the regular basis.
After the completion of this course, you can achieve the respectful position and good platform to boost career in nursing .
Salaries for the nurses increases with experience as the fresher may get the remuneration in the range 10,000 INR to 15,000 INR per month & with experience, this may go beyond 50,000 INR per month as well.
The employment areas where nurses can work are as the following:
- Government run hospitals
- Super speciality hospital
- Nursing homes
- Old age homes
- Armed forces
- Indian Red Cross Society
- Indian Nursing Council
- State Nursing Council
- Educational institutions